Cellulite is the dimpled appearance of the skin which is cause by fat deposits that push and distort the connective tissues beneath skin, leading to the characteristic changes in appearance of the skin. It occurs more commonly in women than men because of differences in the way fat, muscle, and connective tissue are distributed in men's and women's skin. The common sites are hips, thighs, and buttocks. It is harmless, though the appearance is not acceptable by some populations.
What Causes Cellulite
Women are more likely to have cellulite than men. It is often misunderstood that cellulite only happen in overweight persons but this is not always true as it can happen in thin person too. But if you are overweight, losing weight may reduce cellulite.
The risk factors of cellulite are:
• Lack of physical activity
• Poor diet
• Hormone changes
• Slow metabolism
• Total body fat
• Thickness and color of your skin
Treatments of Cellulite
• Cellulite creams. These creams are said to dissolve fat and smooth the skin. Their apparent effect on cellulite may be due to narrowing blood vessels and forcing water out from the skin, which could be dangerous for people with circulatory problems.
• Trilipo body countouring: This technology using radiofrequency which penetrate into the deep dermis layer to muscle layer, causing muscle contraction, tissue remodelling, new collagen and elastin formation. This improves the fat connective tissue which strengthens the surrounding skin tissue and reduces the appearance of cellulite.
• Mesotherapy: This mesotherapy anti-cellulite cocktail basically improve the microcirculation of the surrounding fat tissue, stimulate collagen and elastin surrounding the fat tissue. This will improve the skin texture and improve the cellulite.